Thursday, June 28, 2007

Happy Birthday Darlene!


The best way to describe my good friend Darlene is kind. We met under very interesting circumstances when I was signing up to be a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. We both went to a weekend crop where we ended up cropping and chatting until dawn!!!

Five years later, I feel so blessed to have her in my life. She is thoughtful, funny and shares my papercrafting addiction. In fact we are off on a little road trip today to check out some Scrapbook Stores.

Wishing you many more Happy Birthday's Dar! You deserve the best!

This card is made with the Baroque Motif's set as well. I can't wait to make more cards with it. Isn't that Flourish Pretty. I used Summer Sky DP as a design for my base. In addtion, Not Quite Navy and Pomegranate are a nice combination. The little Brad in th emiddle of the Flower is from the Fire Circle Brads Collection. I used the Corner Punch to Scallop the edges and a Scalloped Square for the base of the Main image. I cut my Cardstock at 11x4.25, score one edge in at 1.5 and then added eyelets to tie the whole thing up!!!!!

Well, better go, it's time to hit the road!

2 comments:

  1. Vicki,
    I'm so, so, well, lets say I'm wiping my eyes! You are such an awesome friend! I had a blast today and I really appreciate our friendship - it seems like only yesterday that we met. I look forward to so many more years, more money spent on paper crafts and lots of laughter and tears to come! Love you girl, D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene's card is just beautiful! I love the colors you used for it and the nice way you arranged the swirls in the background. Love the scallops, too, of course!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****