Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Just Flyin' By




With a couple more Riley samples for you!! Gawd, I love these little guys...................Doesn't the wee warlock look simply adorable flying by the light of the moon??? He is one sweet creature!!!!!

This card was a lot of fun to make. I embossed the star pattern with the SU! Stars wheel and silver embossing powder. Then I cut a large circle to make the moon and sponged summer sun and more mustard ink to it to add some dimension.

Riley was coloured with Copics and cut out and strategically placed against the moon. The Star and Oval punches in Lovely Lilac add a little oomph to the card.

You can find the Halloween sentiment over at Stampotique. I dusted off some eyelets that I had kicking around for ages. Don't want to wish the Summer away, but I just LOVE Halloween!!!!!



And then there is Riley Vampire. I discovered that Copics work really well over coloured Cardstock, provided you stay in the lighter tones and choose shades of colour that are complimentary to the base stock. For example Red works really well on green, but turns a purple shade when used on blue cardstock. Dig out your markers and play a bit........this was fun. I used a scrap piece of Green galore to test the markers prior to colouring them on the image.

Rusty Pickle DP and Martha Stewart Punches add a nice touch to this Bootiful Card. Using your punches to create reverse images can be very interesting as well.

Have a lovely day and I'll catch you tomorrow!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. These are just darling Vicki!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve both of these Rileys, but my fav is the Halloween one! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that made lots of sense! Opps, they are both Halloween cards! I love the first one! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are busy with your stamps these days! I love Hallowen stamps. I don't know why, must be because they are so fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yahoo, I ordered these a few days ago and got the shippment notice today from Hannah stamps!!! I love what you did with both cards, I feel a case coming on!!! Halloween is my very favorite theme to stamp!!! So much fun, it brings out the kid in me. Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****