Monday, February 23, 2009

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Week Five




This week, Maria not only had a sketch challenge for us, but a colour challenge as well! The challenge, to use pink, purple and blue on the card! Now that is a colour combo that in my opinion is a little tricky, but it looks like the Design Diva's stepped up to the plate to create some Gorgeous Cards!





I decided to let Pink take the forefront in my card. I seem to have a thing for using Valentine Paper on my Christmas Cards lately! I stamped the main image on and used K&CO Valentine paper for the main panel.





This is Noelle from Stampotique. She is a eccentric and Beautiful Girl, in the mood for some Festive Spirit. I like stamping these images onto light coloured DP and then I just use a little marker to fill in large blank areas or to shade. I embossed some small snowflakes around the main image as well as sponged the edges for added depth. In order to fulfill the sketch requirement, I used Heidi Swapp Clear Snowflakes to the upper and lower corners for a subtle look.




I stamped the sentiment and punched it out, using the SU! word window punch. I then sponged the edges for some depth and mounted it onto th emain image. I used Provocraft Snowflake Border, Martha Stewart Border punch and snowflake Cuttlebug to create the borders under the main image. A touch of Metallic Ribbon completes the look.

Follow the link on my sidebar to see what delicious eye confection the Design Diva's have in store for you this week!!!!

Enjoy your day and don't forget to check out the enchanted Lily Release!

*****Vicki~~~~~

12 comments:

  1. Vicki this is awesome!!! I love the ghost snowflakes and the coloring is fantastic!!! You always make the coolest cards! I have never seen this image before but now I think I need it!!! She is just too, too cute!!!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this image Vicki and the colours looks so great together, The sponged edge looks fabulous as does the whole card! Big Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Great take on the sketch and colors!! :) Those snowflakes are da bomb!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful frame!
    Love the idea!! Very brilliant and creative!!!

    Your Christmas card is amazing!
    Love the cute stamps and the colors.

    p.s. could not post comment under day 3 of the release

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Vicki! Wow, you stepped up to the challenge and created an AWESOME Christmas card. I love the image. . .very different. My daughter would love this card. . .she's into funky images. Beautiful job coloring the image and I really love your take on the sketch! As always, beautiful job!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some reason, this card reminds me of The Nightmare Before Christmas... not the colors, but the style. It's the coolest thing during the Christmas season when Disneyland turns the Haunted Mansion into the Nightmare Before Christmas, so this is a compliment! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job again this week!! Love this funky image!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Vicki.
    Love the colors and all your wonderful details.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You picked perfect colors for this challenge! Anyone would love to receive this card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Vicki! I have never seen that image before...very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****