Monday, June 8, 2009

Christmas Stamping all Year long Challenge 20-Buttons and Ribbons


The challenge this week is brought to you by ME~! Yep, I get to be Hostess Challenge Once a Month and I love it!!!! The challenge is to use Buttons and Ribbons as creatively as you can!!!

If you head over to the main blog Maria has also provided an amazing sketch for you to use, although I didn't use it on this card.


Also, I have two posts today, so don't forget to Scroll down to see my Pink Cat Sneak Peeks!!!


I used my Cricut Christmas Cheer Cartridge.........see I'm following through on getting more creative with that ( 'kay Frances, dig yours out!!! hehe) to cit the Christmas Tree out in Kiwi Kiss Paper............this paper is one of the retiring in colours from Stampin' up! Let me tell you, it's one of my favourites and I just ordered 3 packages as it's just so yummy!!!



I threaded Silver Wire through the Heart Shaped buttons, curling the wire over a Q-tip with one end cut off. I added a few dew drops to fill the empty space. The DP is from SEI.


The sentiment is from the Circle of Friendship set from Stampin' Up! and I punched a couple of ferns, with my Martha Stewart Punch to anchor the sentiment.
How are your Christmas Cards coming?
Don't forget to play the challenge, I'd love to see what you create!
Happy Stamping!
****Vicki~~~~~


21 comments:

  1. I love your card!!! you are a very creative person.
    thanks for the challenge!! It got me inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun Vicki, I love all your details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very very creative and beautiful! It makes me want to jump right in and do it too. I love everything you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an adorable card. I just love love love the heart buttons on the tree with the coiled wire..perfect accent! This was fun challenge this week! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl. . .when I first saw your Christmas tree my first reaction was "WOW!!". Such an awesome design. I love those heart buttons with the coiled wires. Very creative. It's no wonder you liked your card. . .it's fantastic!!

    I really had fun with this challenge! Thanks for the great idea!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK so I want the buttons and the ribbon! Absolutely stunning sweetie!! LOVE how you did the bottum of the tree with the ribbon and then added a large ribbon on top and those heart buttons, want them, need them, gotta have them!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!

    xxx
    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Vicki!! All of your awesome details with the buttons and wires really made your card. =)
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab card vicki....loving the buttons!!
    fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just adorable! I absolutely love the buttons and the wire!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you sure are creative Vicki and your Christmas tree is fabulous! Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Vicki, I love your use of buttons and ribbon on this Christmas tree. You are too creative!! Love the wire going from button to button! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just so cute and clever! What a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is a stunner Vicki!
    I love the way you embellished your tree with the buttons!! Totally cool and creative! Great job!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful Vicki, I love the red buttons... Wonderful details... Happy day and big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that's one fancy tree girl!! I love the buttons and embellies!! Too cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Vicki,

    This turned out so great this is one of the Pretties/Cutest at the same time Christmas cards I have seen in a long time, now can you just make me up about 100 of them and mail them off for my Christmas Cards this year???

    Come on why not???

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO CUTE! Love the buttons and all the details! Hugs, Ash-

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is FANTASTIC love this idea, what a creative way to use those buttons..Great Design!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute and clever card!! Love the idea of the wire being like tinsel!!

    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohhh my -- -gonna have to remember the way you did the wire on this fab card -- totally cool and creative!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****