Tuesday, February 16, 2010

TSOLDT04-44 Cent Challenge!

The Challenge this week hosted by The {Stamps}of Life DT, is to create a 44 cent card!! Well, I really wasn't sure what that was........but apparently if your card is flat and light, you can mail it for 44 cents.......... I think that they're about 60 cents here in Canada........but I could be wrong!

In any case the challenge is to make a flatter type card. I know this one would pass for regular postage here in Canada. I created the card using several brushes from The {Stamps} of Life.
The Paisley's and small pink flowers are from build-a-paisley. The small black circular flowers are from Back2Basics. The sentiment is from HappyBday2You and the flower is from Daisies4You. I almost forgot the grass! It's from Eggs4Easter. I LOVE combining the brushes to create quick and simple cards.

To complete the card, all I did was colour the flower in with Copics, add a little BV23 for some shading to make it pop a bit off the paper and add brad and a ribbon! If you need a card in a hurry! Brushes make it SO easy to do!!!!

Check the links to the DT on my sidebar to see the great creations!!!

Happy Stamping



7 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki, your card is so cute, love the flower and the colors, a very pretty spring card. Hugs and happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Vicki! Beautiful, vibrant color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous 44 cent card! Good thing you explained it cause as a fellow Canadian I didn't know what this was either! I am gonna have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful Vicki! This Canadian struggled with the 44cent reference too. Thanks for clearing that up!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****