Wednesday, March 24, 2010

SDC#4 Hippity Hoppity Easter's on it's way!










It's time for another Stampotique Designers Challenge! This week, the uber talented Hella challenged us to make an Easter Card! Seeing that I used my Bunny image last time for my Spring card, I was challenged to come up with an Easter Card without images specific to Easter!

So I went through my liberal Stampotique Stamp Collection and came up with these two Chubby Cherubs! Baby Fleur 1 and Baby Fleur 3 have a Spring in their step as they celebrate Easter! Hmmm I wonder if these little cuties are like Thing One and Thing two in the land of Seuss? I could see these spirited little sprites wreaking up some harmless havoc! Anyway, they give me a giggle!





I coloured the two with Copic Markers. I would list the markers that I use in a project, but I have a tendency to have about 15-20 markers piled on my table by the time that I am done! Using the new Basic Grey Origins line, I hand cut my Egg, sponging the edges with brown and used a scalloped Border Pundh (EK Success) to create a "grassy" base for the egg to sit on. Base Cardstock is Saffron Yellow and the Blue is a shade of Periwinkle. The sentiment "Happy Everything" is also available over at Stampotique!

I sure hope that you'll play along with us this week. This is a Stampotique Image only challenge. One random player will win a $15.00 gift certificate to shop at the online store! Three players will be chosen next weekend as the designer faves, but our hostess Hella! You can see all the creations HERE on the challenge blog

Happy Stamping!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki, Merry Everything to you too!!! This is a darling card, with the little spirits climbing out of the egg!!
    Thanks for always leaving such sweet comments on my blog...Aren't the new Riley's cute!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute. Those little cherubs are adorable too!

    Miss you much
    Luv ya
    Jax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, those little flower babies are too stinking cute. Great coloring as always.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhh how CUTE is this!!!! Love it Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card !

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh they are just way too cute!!!! What a fun Easter card...love it, Vicki!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is cute! Love what you do with these stamps :-) Just can't get enough of Stampotique! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. BWWHAA!! HAA!! Check out these cutie pies!! I love them!! Your coloring is awesome and what a darling card!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those images are just too cute! I love the beautiful papers you used to create this card! BeUtiful work! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a darling card, I really love the blue little flower babies against the yellow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****