Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Stamp N Plus Tuesday!


I'm sharing my first Blog post as a member of the Stamp N Plus Scrap N Blog Team. I'm excited to share some fun images with you and will have some projects each Tuesday featuring the company's stamps. If you haven't entered yet, see my blog post for Sunday, that features the Mega Blog Hop! I really went out of the box creatively for this card! If you've been following me, you'll know that I'm partial to a lot of colour and cutesy images!




Last month, LuAnn, the owner of Stamp N Plus challenged us to make some black and white cards. I had asked her for some wild animal images.........which she has a great selection of in her online store. She indicated that she would send them along and in addition was sending me a few images that I could experiment with. Anyway, I have to say that I had fun creating this card and was fairly pleased with the results considering this is not the norm in regard to my stamping style.

I used Coredinations cardstock as a base for card, which allowed me to cuttlebug and sand off the bottom border to create a distressed look. I stamped the main image in black and the faces in dark grey ink, however I stamped off on scratch paper first to ensure that the background faces didn't over power the main images. You can find these altered art images HERE

I added some additional grey sponging to fill in the light spots on the Top Note Die, A Prima Flower and some silver embellishments to complete the funky look!

Hope you liked this project................waiting for a HUGE order of Tim Holtz distress inks to arrive........I want to start to experiment with some techniques............

I'll be back next Tuesday with another Project from Stamp N Plus Scrap N

Happy Stamping!


Vicki


5 comments:

  1. Fantastc Vicki, love the image and the colorcombo...;-) HUGS Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an unusual image! I love what you have done with it! Very stylish card!
    Hugs
    Kim
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahaha... I didn't know you'd post it here too! At the risk of echoing myself... great card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow girl!! You have created a very cool card!! I love the unique image!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Vicki- wow- I REALLY like this image alot-better ck this place out! very cool card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****