Friday, December 17, 2010

Vintage Pastel..........so pretty!!-Tuesday Trigger




When I saw this sweet Tag on Carolyn's Blog, coupled with the Gorgeous Picture that you see above, I just knew I had to check out the Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab World.




I decided that I would challenge myself to be inspired by the lovely confections. Being the Cookie Monster that I am, I have to say that my eagle eye honed onto the lovely iced cookies, which gave inspired me to use white embossing powder to mimic the look of icing. Hmmm it does look good enough to eat, but I'm sure that it's not!


I saw a commercial during a very rare moment that I was watching t.v. last week. It was advertising yet another reality show. This time the focus is on strange addictions. I really didn't pay much attention until I heard the quick segment on someone that was addicted to eating paper. Hmmm I wonder if the paper would be more tasty with pretty white embossing powder? I can say that I am totally addicted to paper; buying it, touching it and yes, sometimes even drinking in the fragrant aroma of freshly unpacked Designer paper (think they might take me on the show??? lol). I would say though that I would never consider eating it................I wouldn't have the best selection for creating! I really shouldn't be poking fun at someone's addictive behaviour, please don't peg me as being cold and callous, it's that pretty white embossing powder that set off this barrage of thoughts.




Additionally, the colours added to my inspiration for this design. I had mainly pink and soft blue in mind, but was wondering how I could pull in a little green and of course some of that Yummy Pomegranite! I was able to do this by using some DP from Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses. In addition I thought the paper theme went well with the sentiment, which is available at Stampotique Originals. The faux half Pearls were inspired by the nonpareils on the Cookies. SEEEE it always comes back to those darn Cookies.

Supplies:

Stamps: Stampotique: Giant Snowflake 2124 Christmas Waves 8932
Antique Border sentiment: Delightful Decorations SU

Paper: Pink, Blue cardstock, DP: Eskimo Kisses Basic Grey
Ink: Bliss Blue, Pink SU! Versamark

Accessories: Pearls-$$ store, Sponges, Dimensionals, Glue dots, Nestabilities, Embossing Powder


In addition to finishing my baking, I'm working on some release samples for January. You may find my posts scarce for the next week or so, but you never know......... I could possible continue to procrastinate and stamp rather than wrap gift, finish making my candy and well the dreaded cleaning of course!

I'll catch you before Christmas

Hugs and Love,

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Vicki, love that paper and the snowflake... Hugs and happy weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply Gorgeous, it DOES look good enough to eat, all soft and dreamy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great! I love the soft colours. It is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Vicki! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like pink on Christmas cards... This is super sweet.

    All my best Holidays wishes to you! I hope you have a great time with the family!

    Cindy
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Vicki, I absolutely love the colour combo, the snowflake and the white embossing is a fabulous touch! I love that sentiment too! I hope you have a very Merry Chirstmas, hun, and all the best in 2011!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love that snowflake. It is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And low in calories I imagine too!! lol

    GORGEOUS GORGEOUS work Vicki xx Reminds me of the really old original fairy tales...sugar plum fairy land and gingerbread houses etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****