Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Stretching My Style




I'm not much of a Techniquey Stamper, I'm really quite simple in my style I think. I love to colour and add layers, but I get totally inspired by some of the eclectic style of the Stampotique Design Team. I appreciate the altered art and collage creations and wanted to stretch myself a bit with this piece.



The creation of this card started with making the tag. I embossed Timeless with Copper Embossing Powder on a Shipping Tag. I then took several colours of Tim Holtz Distress ink and sponged over the tag. Then I used some Tim Holtz Ideology Designer Paper as a background, sponging the edges with some Creamy Caramel Ink. The card look pretty bare, so I decided to stamp 3 Girls. All stamps are from Stampotique Originals

Embellishments include Lace (which I distressed a bit with the Caramel Ink) Antique Brads and Skeleton Leaves from SU

I like the way it turned out..............hope you enjoy it as well


8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Vicki! Way to step outside of your box!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job on your card Vicki,.,Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to be darling like Vicki and step out of my comfort level....I love this collage look! Awesome card!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stretching!

    LOVE the colour combinations you used, the amber almost glows against the other muted shades. I hope you enjoyed stepping out :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very pretty and yes, very different than your normal style, but I like it.!
    Luv ya
    Jax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Vicki!
    You've definitely learned well from your inspiration! Love the copper ep ... perfect for those watches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job Vicki! I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Well done for stepping out of your comfort zone :-) Love the layering and the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****