Monday, June 27, 2011

A Fond Farewell to Outlines and Monday Challenge-to Bleach it or Not!


Hello everyone! Hope you had a fabulous weekend......it was chilly and rainy here for the most part, until the sun decided to peek out last night about 5 p.m. Sorry I'm late with my post, but my internet was wonky last night and for some reason, none of the browsers on any of the computers were working......things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........lol....... anyhoo, here I am with my final DT creation for Outlines Rubber Stamp Company.
I've thoroughly enjoyed designing for Outline and am going to miss my fellow DT members much! Thanks Outlines for the wonderful opportunity to showcase your gorgeous images. I have to tell you all that the stamps are of extremely high quality, with deeply etched soft rubber, mounted on cling!
Our challenge for today is called "to bleach it or not". I chose the "not" because even with ink alone, I'm a messy marvin and quite frankly, bleaching kind of scares me............hehe.............well not really, but I've tried it before without much success and well, rather than taking the risk and having to smell the yucky bleach, I decided to create a card with the spotlight technique, which works extremely well with the Bleach it or Not Stamps

For this creation specifically, I used the Tulip stamp. I stamped the image on Pale Plum Cardstock with Perfect Plum ink. For the spotlighted image, I restamped a portion of the image on white cardstock in the dark ink and punched out the section that I wanted to highlight with a 11/4" punch. I then layered it onto a 1 3/8" Olive circle, Do you like the plum, olive and eggplant colour combination? I do!

Be sure to continue to follow the Outlines DT's for the weekly challenges. You can win some of this delicious rubber by playing along. See all of the Details HERE. I'm going to keep the links up on the sidebar for the DT, so you can see what they are doing! I hope to play along sometimes too, because I {HEART} their stamps!

Thank you Jenny Gropp for making it possible for me to be a part of this great team and to Outlines for your kindness and generousity! It's been a wonderful six months and I'm truly blessed to have worked with you all




















10 comments:

  1. Oh Vicki! I'm so sad to see you moving on! It's been great working with you on the team. Promise me that our paths will cross again someday!

    BTW - I just love your card! What a perfect technique for this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Vicki, it's a beautiful spotlight card! Love the colors you chose for your design too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - too bad I don't have any of the bleach it or not stamps:(
    I am like you though - a bit messy and what I found that worked well for me is a bleach pen that I found once while shopping - no liquid and the tip is pointed - wouldn't work for really fine detail but did the job for me without the mess (and I think it doesn't smell as much either....)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They will miss you lots!!!
    Jax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Vicki! I love the colours and you did a wonderful job with the bleach

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is beautiful.it would be amazing as painting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicki, it was fun working with you and I will miss your talents each week. Your tulip card is very elegant and oh, so pretty! Be sure to stop by from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already miss you again, Vicki! But I have no doubt that we will work together again, and most likely share future (((hugs)))) again as well. This really makes me wish I had that tulips stamp! Spotlighting is just perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, Vicki! We are certainly going to miss you on the Outlines team, but I'm sure our paths will cross many times in blogland! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****