Wednesday, December 21, 2011

SDC44: Shimmer, Glimmer, Glitter & Glitz and FSC43 Happy Holidays


Sorry I've been a little scarce! Lot's to do before Christmas and little time to stamp! This week, I've combined my Stampotique and Flower Soft Challenges to create one shimmery snowy Christmas Card!

For our current  Stampotique challenge Val is our hostess. She is challenging us to break out our "Shimmer, Glimmer, Glitter and Glitz" using shimmery paper, glittery embellishments, glimmery paints/washes/spritz or any kind of glitzy bling in your creations....let your inspiration shine!This week is our last challenge where you can use ANY stamps

For the Flower Soft Challenge, hop on over to the Flower Soft Blog to get all the details. This will probably be my last post as a Flower Soft designer, but you'll be sure to see Flowery Soft goodness on some of my future creations!!!!  A big Thank you to Mark and the peeps at Flower Soft who gave me a great opportunity to work with their product!

Sooo for my card, I used this fun image from Stampotique-Penguins and Happy Holidays. I also used a reverse image stamp. I stamped the image that I wanted to reverse in Bordering Blue, to give it the look of a reflection under the ice. I then stamped the Penguins in Black and did the wee bit of colouring with my Touch Twin Markers. I sponged the icy area with Soft Sky Ink and the Sky with Cool Caribbean Ink. I used my Sizzix Scalloped Oval Framelit  to die cut the entire image. I added a lot of Polar White Flower Soft for some snowy goodness and some Martha Stewart Chunky Glitter to dazzle it up!!! It still didn't look snowy enough for my liking, so I added some Gel Pen Snow Dots!!!! ............I had some Glittery Christmas Paper from a couple of years ago kicking around, so I used that and then added a big glittery bow with some M's Ribbon. It is very sparkly in real life!!!!

I'm hoping to have another post before Christmas...................but have to get back to my cookie baking now!!! If you'd like to play along with the Stampotique Challenge, please head over to the Designer Challenge Blog for all the details!

happy stamping!







6 comments:

  1. What a cute and beautiful card, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, amazing how many times I've been on that site and never saw those penguins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a better-quality article as they all are. I make fun of been wonder wide this an eye to some beat now. It’s great to receive this info. You are fair and balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of the families skating on the lake behind our house!! Of course they don't look like penguins, but they are all bundled up! LOL! Wonderful creation!
    Cheers,
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your penguins are too too cute for words and the card is so pretty too! Love how you did the birds in the snow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****