Friday, May 17, 2013

Thinking of GG on Bellarific Friday



YAY!!!! It's Friday! Not only is it Friday, it is going to be nice today!
Warm and Sunny! I think that's pretty Bellarific, don't you???

I'm looking forward to the long weekend....Victoria Day Weekend,

Bet you all didn't have any idea, that I have my own personal Statutory Holiday!

Victoria Day weekend is bittersweet. My Grandmother passed away on Victoria Day several years ago and although I think of her often, she is very much on my mind on this weekend.  I've written about Grandma...known as GG in her later years as the Great Grandchildren happened along a few times on my blog. I've shared that I truly believe I inherited her bright blue eyes, her love for music and writing  and of course crafting. She hand embroidered many beautiful pillowcases, some of which I still have. I remember a green set with little poodles on them, that she lovingly made for me after we purchased a Chocolate Poodle. She also did rug hooking......not the latch kit type, but would go to thrift stores and purchase wool coats and cut them up. She made many beautiful rugs, wall hangings, tea cozies and a gorgeous bell pull that is sculpted and hangs in my mother's formal living room. She was so very talented and I miss her so. I know that when we meet again, we will surely have some divine crafting time together. Love you much Grandma

For my card, I used a couple of stamp sets.

Emily's Lantern Flowers (tiny dragonfly and butterfly on lower panel)
 Journal your art out-Natures Silhouette Stamps (Watermarked in upper panel.....yep, look very very closely!)
Sentiment is from Uptown Girl Winnie peeking out the window

Be sure to head on over to Blogabella to see the creations and how to submit your art to randomly win some rubbah!

MWAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****