Thursday, April 3, 2014

You Are My Sunshine-IO Stamps Thursday Challenge



Good Morning!
Hope you've been enjoying some better weather.
I would like to be, but I've had this darned flu for over a week now and it just doesn't seem to want to let up. I can't wait to get out in the sun and enjoy the lovely spring breeze

This week the Challenge at Impression Obsession Stamps is called You are My Sunshine

I pondered on this a bit and then decided that I'd create a "Sunny Layout" with pictures from my recent Vacation to Grenada. My Mother and I had a fabulous time! We met some wonderful people and I'm thinking of spending a longer period of time there next Winter.

For my Layout, I used the from The Paper Loft

For the Caramel Panel, I distressed the Paper a bit and used the  Cracked Paint Background Stamp to add a little more dimension. I like to ink these up "off the block" and just stamp a touch here and there. It gives more of a random look for distressing.

I cut a banner and stamped the You Make Me Happy Stamp on some of the matching Designer Paper, which I also used to cut the Sun from the Sun and Moon Die

My Mom is AMAZING.....she is my rock and is always there for me, particularly when Skies are Gray. I suppose that is what you call Unconditional Love. The love that compels us to take a few minutes to set our own needs aside to tend to the ones that we love. The kind of Love that is pure and forgiving and supportive, no matter what. I am so blessed to have my Mother and Friends that have that kind of Love for me. I know that at times I've taken it for granted. Now, more than ever I have learned to realize that no matter how much one can tell you that they love you, actions speak far louder than words.  

Soooo if you want to play along with the challenge, be sure to upload your Sunny Creations HERE on the IO Blog.

You can also get the Links for our Super Talented Designer Projects!

Happy Stamping!~


3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic page Vicki!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card. Wish it was me enjoying the weather. The comments about your mom are super special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had a wonderful, sunny relaxing vacation. Love the layout , texture, to accent your love ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****