Thursday, May 8, 2014

Impression Obsession DT Thursday-Baby Girl



Hope this post finds you well! I've been missing in action again.The Saturday before last, I had a Health Scare. I had been having these odd spells of pressure in my chest, coupled with dizziness, nausea and fatigue. I had been raking some heavy pine needles on Sunday and Monday and thought that I had pulled a muscle. By Wednesday, I thought that perhaps I had Bronchitis. I took a trip over to the walk in clinic, but on that particular evening was greeted by a note on the door indicating that they were closed early just for that night. I shrugged it off and continued to have these spells all week. By Saturday evening i had experienced a few more spells and it seemed that my recovery time was extended with each spell. With some convincing, I decided to head over to the urgent care centre, figuring that I would get checked out and sent home with a diagnosis of a pulled muscle. 

It's not funny, but in the past year, I took both my Mother and Son into the hospital for chest pains. Both were taken in immediately and both sent home with a clean bill of health. Bronchitis for my son; a pulled muscle for my Mother. I was suprised when I was asked to take a seat in the waiting room and didn't get called into an examination room for about forty minutes. That being said, on another level, i felt fairly relieved about that as i figured that the triage nurse must not be very worried about, therefore I would be okay. Boy was I wrong! Once I explained my symptoms to the Emergency Room Dr. , I was hooked up for an ECG and whisked to Xray. I knew there was some cause for concern when rather than just drawing  blood, I was being prepped with a pick line.....ugh. The next thing I knew, I was  being loaded into an Ambulance to be transferred to Kingston General Hospital to be admitted. I had been diagnosed with a Heart Attack. SCARY............To think that if I had continued to ignore the warning signs, I may not be writing this post at this moment. To think that without some convincing on Paul's part, I might not have taken the trip to Hotel Dieu to get checked out. I don't even want to think about it. To make a long story short, I was in the Hospital until late Thursday afternoon and after undergoing an angiogram, had two stents place in my heart. My wake up call! 

I am blessed to be here creating cards, to blog, to breathe, to sing and in time to dance.
My new lease on life. My opportunity to be healthier and truly look after myself.

I'm committed to making each and every day count!

I'll be home for a month, resting and recovering, so be prepared to see many creations as I am pretty much grounded to the house ( I can't drive for a month). Creating is my Solace.

I am Featured Designer for IO Stamps this week.

I have been itching to use this Adorable Clothesline Die Set and matching Clothes line stamp set. I paper pieced the clothing with Papers from Prima Marketing Something Blue Collection. I added some flowers and pearls and finished it off with some sponging and a swipe of Gelato around the Die Cut Behind the Clothes Line. Hope you enjoyed my project, I truly enjoyed creating it for you!~

Happy Stamping





6 comments:

  1. wow, what an ordeal, you are blessed.. Gorgeous card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Vicki and so happy your here and were able to create it. I like you had the same scare with the same result, two stents after a stroke not totally realizing it. Guess we have more to do on this earth. God Bless and happy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, what a story! I am so glad you are okay and blogging today. :) My dad's family has a history of heart disease so this is familiar to me and even though I grew up eating a healthy diet due to my Dad's food restrictions, I still have high cholesterol. I think it is hereditary. Anyway, beautiful card...I love these little outfits on the line. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear of your health scare, glad you caught it! Beautiful project, I love this set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Cow! Feel better soon, and take care of yourself! Quite selfishly, I look forward to seeing what your confinement gives you time to create! (will we be seeing jailbreak cards by the end of the month?!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful! Thank God you got yourself into a doctor before it was worse. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****