Sunday, January 11, 2015

Gratitude


In the spirit of remaining positive and taking action to ensure that 2015 is a wonderful year, I created a Gratitude Jar. At the end of each day, I record at least one thing I am grateful for, happy about; something that touched my heart or made me smile. A record of a kindness bestowed upon me, or a reminder of something I did for someone else that made me feel good. A reminder to count my blessings and something tangible to review in circumstance perhaps where the road gets rocky, I'm feeling discouraged or engaging in a full out pity party!

Because I'm going to redo my bedroom in a serene beach theme this year (I have discovered that the most peaceful place for me is in, on or around the ocean), I wanted to create my jar as an accent piece to my decor. I have a few pieces made, a lamp, my bedding and some accessories. Now I need to take ACTION and paint the damn room~ I even have the paint picked out... I just need to get my butt in gear and get at it!

I painted the bottom half of the jar with Martha Stewart Opaque Glass Paint. I was looking for a more frosted glass look and should have chosen transparent (DUH Opaque SHOULD have been my first clue...but not going to beat myself up about it!). Anyway, I covered the mid section with a strip of burlap that I had to act as a base for all my Embellishments. I LOVE Prima goodness and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Seashore Collection~ Lots of delicious flowers, ribbons and those yummy gems-to DIE for...I loaded up on most things Seashore and should be able to create a LOT more with this.



Rather than doing single slips of paper for each note, I've decided to use shipping tags and i'm going to attempt to get a weeks worth of gratitude on them~ That way, they won't get all tangled and I'll only have 52 pieces of paper to sift through when I need that inspiration.

This week I'm grateful for

Having the strength and courage to move forward in my life.

Gifting a friend with something small that evoked a smile

 Taking ACTION and following through on most of my intended plans

My gift of Creativity.

The Tanning Bed-Giving me a healthy glow and warming my bones in this Frigid weather.

What are you grateful for?

-Vicki~~



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post and beautiful jar Vicki. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****