Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Countdown to Christmas



This weekend past, I headed out to Parkhill for my Annual Jactopia weekend with my girlfriends. I can hardly believe that we have been doing this for 11 years now! I had the opportunity to stop in at Scrappin' Great Deals and have a little shop and picked up this fun Christmas Paper by Doodlebug Design. I really wanted to do something fun with my new Buddy the Elf stamp from Impression Obsession, but what to do?

I had a peek around the dollar store in Parkhill and found this fun Easel Chalkboard.  The Paper and Accessories in the Doodlebug Sugar Plum collection were perfect for this whimsical little project!

First I mixed some paint to lay out a base on the frame. Once the paint dried, I glazed it over with some Viva Crystal Gel. One can NOT possible get enough bling can they?

For this side of the easel, I stamped in versamark and embossed in white over chalkboard paper
I used two papers to cover the easel- Christmas Trim (fussy cutting the scalloped edge) and Jolly Gingerbread. These papers are delicious enough to eat!!! I wanted to add a little more to the frame, so I couldn't resist adding Dasher Doodle to the corner after sponging him a bit to add a touch more dimension.  Lastly, I added the sweet Enamel Christmas Dots tie in all the bright colours in the Designer Paper.





and now, for the Flip Side!






Can you see the sparkly goodness of the Crystal Gel on this side?

I decided to leave this uncovered so that the sentiments and Kris Kringle would be the focal point.

My Silhouette expert friend Kim, helped me to cut the sentiment that complimented the December 25th Medallion that I fussy cut from the Christmas Magic Paper!  How many day's IS it 'til Christmas. Just a sec, I'm going to Google that!  It's 87, Eighty-seven, which means it will be here WAY before we know it!  Anyway, I would have wrote that in the parentheses, however, I could NOT find any chalk in the stores today and I couldn't wait to post. But what I love about the board, is that you can chalk it in each day! I added Kris Kringle and a few more of the enamel dots, 'cause well, you can NEVER have too much bling!




I truly hope that you enjoyed my project! It was fairly easy to complete and if you start now, you will have lot's of time to make one before the Jolly Fellow arrives!

Happy Crafting

--Vicki~~


5 comments:

  1. It looks great!!! I'm glad our little town of Parkhill had some cool stuff for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't think I would do all those things, but sure would give me joy just thinking about them. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Christmas sign! Can't find the Buddy the Elf on the IO website...is it available yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.iostamps.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=L14441&Store_Code=IOSTAMPS&search=L14441&searchoffset=&filter_cat=&PowerSearch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high= That is the link Pat and thanks for your sweet comment. The Stamp is called Make Snow Angels

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****