Monday, February 1, 2016

The Happiest of Birthdays



Good Morning

I hope you enjoyed a nice weekend. 

Our weekend was good. Dad had many Visitors, which is keeping his spirits up.

On Friday evening a couple of my good friends came to the house and we had a little "Jam" for him. He loves Bluegrass Music. My friend Sean is an amazing fiddle player, so along with Randy, Cody and myself, we managed to keep the music flowing for a couple of hours. Given that Dad had his first radiation treatment to his Kidney on Friday, he was a little bit tired; but he said he truly enjoyed his surprise. I have a couple of other friends who play bluegrass and old Country Music. Next time, we'll surprise him with a Banjo player!

Dad will have four more radiation treatments this week. They have told him to expect more side effects this time because the Kidney is so close to the stomach. I hope that he tolerates it well and that it doesn't make him weaker. His Visitors definitely keep his spirits up!

Here's a Clean and simple card share for you today
I created it for the CAS and TLC challenges over at Splitcoaststampers

First I made a washed background with Dylusions paint, adding some extra splashes of colour wet on wet. Once the background was dry, I stamped the Dandelion stamp and the Happiest of Birthdays from Mini Inspirations 3 in Blackberry Bliss. I then went in with purple and white paint and flicked more colour on for added texture. I did have purple gems to add the the middles of the dandelions, but I actually preferred the brown and blue centers.

Hope you have a wonderful week!

--Vicki~~

3 comments:

  1. Your Card is so pretty,
    I Love Bluegrass and old Country music to. Glad to hear your Dad had a good time. I wonder If he had ever heard of Tennessee Ernie Ford? He was my third cousin. Will be saying a prayer for your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you and your Dad in my thoughts! Glad his spirits are good.

    Your card is fantastic! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty and versatile card design. The background wash is a lovely idea - I'm feeling inspired ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****