Sunday, February 25, 2018

Love or Luck? Perhaps a bit of both!!!


Happy Sunday!!!

Did you have a good weekend?

Mine was pretty mellow, but I did get happy mail this week in the form of a box from Emerald Creek!

I ordered some of Seth Apter's Baked Texture to try!!!

I chose
Patina Oxide
Chunky Rust 
Deep Sea

On the first project, a little wall canvas, I used the Chunky Rust and Deep Sea

It was cool when I opened the Chunky Rust because it looks like a cross between embossing and flocking powder. It gives really fun and funky results.

I paired it with Fossilized Amber, Pistachio and Fired Brick Distress Oxide Inks

The canvas was painted in Acrylics and then rubbed with some Spanish Copper Rub and Shine




I made the heart embellie by cutting a heart in a Primitive shape, pressing it into the versamark pad and embossing. I did this twice to get it a little thicker. I added a touch of wire to add it little more interest.


In order to get the splashes of Deep Sea Embossing powder on the Canvas and Tag, I simply sprinkled it on and then heated from underneath. It melted like a dream!!

I finished off the project by stamping the Today sentiment from the Journal Jargon 3 set  available at Impression Obsession Stamps

Did you know they carry a whole line of Seth Apter Stamps?



I couldn't just stop with one project and I have to tell you I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Patina Oxide Baked Texture!!! On this piece, I combined it with a touch of Chunky Rust.
Same Inks, just a little different application!

This colour combination goes perfectly in my Beach themed room~






For this one, I added a good amount of the Baked texture to the tag and again, heated from underneath. Then I inked up the not negotiable stamp from Seth's Post Office set in Versamark and pressed it into the hot embossing powder.  I also pressed in the Stratosphere stamp, which is one I used over and over again! Again, the sentiment is from the  Journal Jargon 3 set



I enjoyed using the Baked Texture so much I had to order the other colours yesterday!!!!
Hope they come soon, so I can show you some more projects!!!

I'm entering both projects into the Emerald Creek Dares Challenge

The theme is Lucky or Love

I'm Lucky 'cause my Emerald Creek goodies arrived this week and LOVE LOVE LOVE them!


XX's and Oh's

--Vicki~~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****